Once called Maysworth, the town of Cramerton was founded in 1906 when J.H. Mays built a cotton spinning mill along the banks of the South Fork of the Catawba River, just east of Gastonia, North Carolina. In 1910, textile engineer and Thomasville, North Carolina native, Stuart Warren Cramer became owner and president of the mill and property. Mill village homes were constructed. In 1922 Mr. Cramer changed the name to Cramerton Mills and the Town to Cramerton, one year later Mr. Cramer built the Mayflower Weave Mill.
In 1946 the mills and homes were sold to Burlington Industries who, in turn, sold the homes to residents. The Town of Cramerton was incorporated in 1967 and began providing municipal services including fire, police, public works and water and wastewater service. Cramerton has transitioned from mill village to residential community over the past twenty years and has become a “place to call home”. - From www.cramerton.org
Town of Cramerton
155 North Main Street
Cramerton NC 28032